Passengers with Disabilities
The following information highlights features at handicap accessible PATH stations. The handicap accessible stations are: 33rd Street, World Trade Center, Journal Square, Hoboken, Newark, Exchange Place and Newport.
PATH offers free temporary bus shuttle service, exclusively for customers using wheelchairs, between Grove Street Station and Exchange Place or Newport stations. Click here for more information.
- Elevators. Elevators are self-operated and have raised symbols on the control panel buttons.
The PATH stations with barrier free access between the street and the platform are 33rd Street, World Trade Center, Hoboken, Newport, Exchange Place, Journal Square and Newark.
Note this icon on the PATH system map. The icon indicates elevator service is available at the station.
- Accessible Fare Entry Gates. Fare entry gates unlock upon payment of the fare and have a release button that unlocks the gate as you exit.
- Passenger Information Telephones. There are passenger information telephones that automatically connect a caller to an information agent 24 hours a day. The telephones are lowered to be accessible to a person using a wheelchair.
- Platforms. Train platforms have rubber or ceramic tactile edges.
- Public Telephones. There are public telephones located at the following PATH stations: 33rd Street, Journal Square, Hoboken, Newark, Exchange Place, Harrison, Grove Street, 14th Street and 23rd Street. These stations include one or more wheelchair accessible public telephones.