Cargo Handling Equipment Fleet Modernization Incentive Program

Cargo Handling Equipment Program

Our Commitment To Reducing Emissions Is More Than Just Hot Air

It's always a good feeling to know that you've found a way of saving the company money by improving fuel usage and operational efficiency while also reducing emissions. Under the Port Authority's Cargo Handling Equipment Fleet Modernization Incentive Program, which is funded by a $2 million federal Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) grant, your organization may be able to receive an incentive when you purchase new cargo handling equipment with Tier IV engines or alternative powered equipment, including all electric, diesel electric or hydraulic hybrids, and liquefied or compressed natural gas.

Incentive funding:

Eligible Port Authority tenants would purchase new cargo handling equipment and the Port Authority would reimburse the participating tenants for 20% of the purchase price, up to $20,000 per unit replaced. The tenant would agree to scrap the old equipment.

Who's eligible:

All Port Authority Marine Terminal Tenants in NJ with off road container cargo handling equipment are eligible for this program.

What's eligible:

Off-road Container Cargo-Handling Equipment such as straddle carriers, yard tractors, rubber tire gantry cranes, or top loaders.

How do I get started?

There are four easy steps.

  1. Enter into an agreement with Port Authority to comply with program requirements and to ensure that the new equipment remains on Port Authority Marine Terminals in NJ for five years from the date of its acquisition.
  2. Purchase new equipment and scrap old equipment.
  3. Tenant submit to the Port Authority copy of seller's invoice demonstrating the actual purchase price of the new cargo handling equipment, documentation that the invoice has been paid, photographic proof that the old equipment was scrapped, and verification that the new equipment meets the Tier IV diesel engine standard, or is alternative powered equipment.
  4. The Port Authority, upon receipt and approval of the required submittals, will reimburse the tenant for 20% of the purchase price, up to $20,000 of the new cargo handling equipment with the remaining 80% to be funded by the tenant.

Cargo Handling Equipment Fleet Modernization Program Agreement

For more information on the Fleet Modernization Incentive Program Contact Joe Talkiewicz at jtalkiew@panynj.gov
or 212-435-4205.

 


Web Site Disclaimer
© 2001-CurrentYear The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. All Rights Reserved.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
(212) 435-7000  •  4 World Trade Center, 150 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007