Port Authority is Geared Up for Super Bowl XLVIII
The Port Authority's game plan includes a myriad of initiatives throughout the airports, PATH rail system, George Washington Bridge, tunnels and bus terminal to handle the influx of visitors, while ensuring smooth service for daily commuters and travelers.
At the agency's airports:
- At Teterboro, Newark Liberty International, John F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia, additional Customer Care Representatives and dozens of volunteer staff will welcome and guide visitors to their destinations.
- Welcome Centers (located near Baggage Claim) can assist travelers with ground transportation options to get to their final destination.
- Enhanced service will be in effect between Monday, January 27, and Monday, February 3.
- PATH service will expand during off-peak hours and all lines will be in operation on Saturday, February 1.
- For the complete PATH schedule, information and alerts, visit www.panynj.gov/SuperBowlXLVIII or follow @PATHTrain on Twitter.
At the Port Authority Bus Terminal/Lincoln Tunnel:
- To help alleviate traffic congestion, the Port Authority will provide four westbound lanes in the Lincoln Tunnel directed to the stadium on game day and four New York-bound lanes after the game.
For a variety of information about events and everything Super Bowl, visit the
Official Super Bowl Host Committee website. http://www.nynjsuperbowl.com/.
5 Tips for Departure Day From a Port Authority Airport
-5 Hours Before: Check out of your hotel and travel to the airport.
-4 Hours Before: Return your rental car. Board transportation to the terminal.
-3 Hours Before: Check in at your airline's ticket counter.
-2 Hours Before: Get in line for TSA Security Checkpoints.
-1 Hour Before: Arrive at your designated departure gate, ready to board.