There are numerous public transportation options both to and from Newark. Here are some tips on your options.
AirTrain Newark connects NJ TRANSIT and AmTrak with Newark Liberty International Airport. More information is available in the AirTrain Newark section.
For train schedules to and from Newark Liberty visit:
Passengers are required to use the AirTrain Newark system to connect to a NJ TRANSIT or Amtrak train. There is a $5.50 ticket fee.
Connections from New York City, Westchester, Upstate New York, Long Island, and Connecticut are often also possible through the Newark Liberty Airport Express
Connecting to the airports via Metro-North? Use one of the convenient and affordable airport services.
Public Bus Service
Bus service is available through NJ Transit Bus Lines go28, 37, 62, 67, 107. For schedules and information, visit the NJ TRANSIT website.
Express Bus Service
Newark Airport Express Bus
- Newark Airport Express offers fast, easy, convenient express bus service between Newark Liberty International Airport and New York City.
- Buses are only $16 one way or $28 round trip and arrive at each stop every 15 minutes during the day, 365 days a year (departures every 30 minutes before 6:45 AM and after 11:15 PM)!
- When you board a Newark Airport Express Bus, you will get a relaxing, stress-free ride on a climate-controlled motor coach to or from Newark Liberty Airport.
- On the trip to Newark Liberty Airport, customers may board a Newark Airport Express Coach at three nearby midtown Manhattan locations:
New York stops:
- Grand Central Station (41st Street between Park and Lexington avenues)
- Bryant Park (42nd Street and 5th Avenue)
- Port Authority Bus Terminal (41st Street between 8th and 9th avenues)
At Newark Liberty Airport coaches may be boarded at:
- Terminal A (Located on the Arrival Level in Courtyard A, lanes 1-4)
- Terminal B (Located outside the Arrivals Level, lane 2)
- Terminal C (Located outside the Arrival Level at bus stop 5 & 6)
- Trans-Bridge Lines provides daily service westward to Pennsylvania.