Air travelers who own electric vehicles (EV) can now conveniently charge their cars at Kennedy International.
- Five EV charging stations are available in JFK's Yellow Lot, Ground Level by Terminal 5.
- They are tied into Chargepoint, the largest EV charging network in the U.S.
- Access the station with an RFID enabled credit card or Chargepoint access card.
- Electricity is provided free of charge.
- All parking lot fees will be collected when you exit the lot.
- The chargers are capable of taking a vehicle from empty to a full charge in 12-24 hours at Level I and 4-6 hours at Level II. For reference, Level I charging provides the same electric current as a standard household plug (115V) and provides a slower charge for vehicles, often referred to as “trickle charging.” Level II charging features an upgraded charging unit with a 240V connection, capable of charging vehicles two to six times faster than a Level I charger. All of our stations are Level II capable.
If your flight is not at Terminal 5, just allow extra time and travel by AirTrain free of charge to your terminal.
Sign up for access at www.chargepoint.net. Electric vehicle chargers are also available at LaGuardia's Terminal B P2 lot, Ground Level.