Required Identification Documents for Applicants

All transactions at the Airport Security ID Office requires the applicant to present two (2) forms of UNEXPIRED government issued identification, one of which must be a photograph that establishes both identity and employment eligibility.

1. Select a document from Tab A and select a second document from Tab A, B,
or C


2. Select a combination of one document from Tab B AND one document from
Tab C

  • Tab A
  • Tab B
  • Tab C

Tab A

  • U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
  • Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-1551)
  • Foreign Passport with a temporary I-1551 stamp or temporary I-1551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa
  • Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
  • For a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer because of his or her status:
    1. Foreign passport; and
    2. Form I-94A that has the following:
      1. The same name as the passport, and
      2. An endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status as long as that period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
  • Passport from the Federation States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marchall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association between the United States and the FSM or RMI

Tab B

  • Driver’s License or ID Card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as, name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.
  • ID card by federal, state or local government/agency or entity provided it contains a photograph or information such as, name, date, gender, height, eye, color, and address.
  • U.S. Military card or draft record.
  • Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority.
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • Native American tribal document

Tab C

  • U.S. Social Security Card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:
  • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State
    (Form FS-545)
  • Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State
    (Form FS-1350)
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
  • Native American tribal document
  • Identification Card for use of Resident Citzen in the United States (For I-179)
  • Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security

Call Port Authority Police for:

JFK Emergencies:
(718) 244-4333

Newark and Teterboro Emergencies:
(973) 961-6666

LaGuardia Emergencies:
(718) 533-3911

For Anonymous Tips:
(800) 828-7273

Call New York State Police for:

Stewart Emergencies:
(845) 567-9257


Web Site Disclaimer    |    Privacy Statement
© 2001-CurrentYear The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. All Rights Reserved.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
(212) 435-7000  •  4 World Trade Center, 150 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007