THE PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ
Press Release Article
PORT AUTHORITY BOARD TAKES ACTION ON SEVERAL ITEMS
Date: Oct 22, 2009
Press Release Number: 132-2009
At its monthly meeting this afternoon, the Port Authority Board of Commissioners took the following actions:
- Reauthorized a $580 million program to install a new PATH signal system, and awarded three contracts for the project.
- Through its Committee on Operations, authorized an agreement with Trust for Public Land, a non-profit land conservation organization, for the Port Authority to provide $1,925,000 for the Trust’s cost to acquire certain property located in Hammels (Rockaway Beach) in Queens, N.Y. as part of the Port Authority’s Hudson-Raritan Estuary Resources Program.
- Authorized $30 million for Phase II planning for the Newark Liberty International Airport Terminal A Redevelopment Program.
- Authorized the inclusion of additional projects to the FAA application to impose and use Passenger Facility Charges for the redevelopment of Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport and the Bay Runway widening at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Authorized Phase III of the Newark Liberty International Airport Concessions Program, which provides for five lease agreements for Terminal B ranging from seven to 10-year terms.
- Authorized an agreement with Bergen County, NJ in connection with the relocation of a portion of Redneck Avenue, a county road located on Port Authority property at Teterboro Airport. The relocation would allow for the installation of an arrestor bed at one of Teterboro’s runways.
- Authorized, through its Committee on Finance, the purchase of public liability insurance coverage, through its broker MARSH USA Inc., for all Port Authority facilities and its subsidiaries.
- Authorized a negotiated agreement with Tishman Construction Corporation to provide construction management support services for the World Trade Center Vehicle Security Center and Tour Bus Parking Facility, the Eastside Tour Bus Parking Facility, the West Bathtub Vehicle Access and the Streets, Utilities and Related Infrastructure projects.
- Authorized 1 WTC LLC, through its construction manager Tishman Construction Corporation, to enter into a construction trade contract with Tractel Ltd. for the façade maintenance system at 1 World Trade Center.
- Authorized 1 WTC LLC, through its construction manager Tishman Construction Corporation, to enter into a construction trade contract with Denny Electric Supply of Ambler, Inc., for furnishing light fixtures for 1 World Trade Center.
- Authorized agreements with appropriate entities in New York and New Jersey to provide for the distribution of remaining funds from previously authorized commitments for various projects and initiatives in the States of New York and New Jersey.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
Steve Coleman, 212 435-7777
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates many of the busiest and most important transportation links in the region. They include John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia, Stewart International and Teterboro airports; AirTrain JFK and AirTrain Newark; the George Washington Bridge and Bus Station; the Lincoln and Holland tunnels; the three bridges between Staten Island and New Jersey; the PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) rapid-transit system; Port Newark; the Elizabeth-Port Authority Marine Terminal; the Howland Hook Marine Terminal on Staten Island; the Port Authority Auto Marine Terminal; the Brooklyn Piers/Red Hook Container Terminal; and the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan. The agency also owns the 16-acre World Trade Center site in Lower Manhattan and is a partner in the Access to the Region’s Core tunnel project.