THE PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ
Press Release Article
PORT AUTHORITY BOARD TAKES ACTION ON VARIOUS ITEMS
Date: Mar 29, 2007
Press Release Number: 25-2007
During its meeting this afternoon, the Port Authority Board of Commissioners took action on a number of items related to facilities operated by the bistate agency.
In addition to votes to authorize three projects for the design and construction of arrestor beds at John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International and Teterboro airports, and a vote to authorize a memorandum of understanding with NJ Transit to advance the planning and development for the Trans-Hudson Express Tunnel project, the following actions were taken:
- Authorized 1 World Trade Center LLC, a wholly owned Port Authority entity, to enter into construction trade contracts estimated at $105 million for below-grade fire protection, and elevators and escalators for the Freedom Tower.
- Authorized the Port Authority, 1 World Trade Center LLC and WTC Retail LLC, two wholly owned Port Authority entities, to make payments into an escrow account, in an amount not to exceed $14 million, to be used for the payment of costs associated with the construction of certain foundations and other structural work in the west bathtub of the World Trade Center site that would support future World Trade Center site infrastructure components and future facilities.
- Authorized a five-year lease agreement with Shree Sheetalnath, Inc., doing business as Dunkin’ Donuts, for approximately 290 square feet of space in Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Authorized the award of a 10-year contract to ACS State and Local Solutions for the operation of the E-ZPass New York Customer Service Center at an estimated cost of $129 million. The contract will provide all customer support services required to maintain the Port Authority’s E-ZPass program.
- Declared as surplus and authorized the transfer of approximately 1,386 square feet of Port Authority property near the Lincoln Tunnel to Hudson County, N.J. The 220-foot by 6-foot piece of property is located adjacent to the sidewalk along Boulevard East and 19th Street in Weehawken, N.J., and is required by the county in connection with its construction project to improve the intersection.
- Authorized a one-year renewal of an agreement with the Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc., at the current annual payment rate of $1.12 million. The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc., is the operating entity for the Downtown-Lower Manhattan Business Improvement District.
- Authorized the appointment of Patrick R. Westerkamp, Esq., as the New Jersey member of the Port Authority Employment Relations Panel.
To view the complete board item click here