During its monthly meeting today, the Port Authority Board of Commissioners took action on five items related to facilities operated by the bistate agency.
The following actions were taken:
- Authorized the Executive Director to review Stewart International Airport as an opportunity to expand regional airport capacity. Also authorized the retention of consulting services on an as-needed basis related to the airport analysis and review of legal, financial, environmental and business issues.
- Authorized a lease with the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor for the lease of Building 189, an office trailer and associated open area at Port Newark for a 15-year term. The rental for the term of the lease is approximately $1,142,000.
- Authorized the extension of an agreement with NJ Transit Corp. to provide for the continued sale of PATH QuickCards through its ticket vending machines and its Mail-Tik program at an estimated one-year cost of $1 million. The authorization contains a one-year renewal option to extend the agreement at an additional amount of $1 million.
- Authorized the award of a contract to Tishman Technologies Corp. at an estimated total contract amount of $77.9 million for construction management/general contracting services at various Port Authority facilities to help implement and coordinate the agency’s Security Capital Program over a two-year period.
- Authorized the Executive Director to enter into an agreement to provide up to $21.7 million to support the programs and activities of the Lower Manhattan Construction Command Center, including work required to build the World Trade Center Transportation Hub and other federally funded projects through March 2011.
Additional information on the Board actions can be found in the attachment